Mad Dog & Englishmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Dog & Englishmen

Wargaming chat and other diversions amongst friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'You paint, I'll play.'

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1'You paint, I'll play.' Empty 'You paint, I'll play.' Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:13 am

Kieron

Kieron
Admin

This is an idea I picked up from another blogger, it's basically a way he and his friends create motivation for those little personal projects. Essentially, if one person paints up both sides for a game or scenario, the others agree to give it a go.

I'm quite keen on this idea as I'd like to give 7TV, 7th Voyage and 7ombieTV a bash at some point.

Essentially, if I put together the models, scenario and crib sheets for a game or two of one or more of these games, would y'all be happy to play them?

It requires no effort or investment on your part, apart from the game time.

Obviously, this cuts both ways and leads to an automatic agreement to play games you're currently collecting/working towards, for example Wes's Stargate stuff, or Mike's Doctor Who.

It kind of gets round the issue of our wallets and attention being stretched across too many games.

Is this something that is of interest?

https://maddogandenglishmen.forumotion.co.uk

2'You paint, I'll play.' Empty Re: 'You paint, I'll play.' Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:48 am

Pyphoros

Pyphoros

Yes, very much! I'd quite like a stab at 7TV and its sister games actually, just to see if it runs like DWMG.

And as always my brush is available should anyone need/want it

Http://mikesbrushwork.Tumblr.com

3'You paint, I'll play.' Empty Re: 'You paint, I'll play.' Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:56 am

General Matton

General Matton

Yes, definitely. For some of these things I think that might even be the best way to do it, if you expect it to be two specific relatively small forces.

http://paintbrushandsuperglue.blogspot.co.uk/

4'You paint, I'll play.' Empty Re: 'You paint, I'll play.' Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:09 am

Kieron

Kieron
Admin

Well basically, I was thinking that most of us have mentioned being at full stretch in terms of new games and/or expense recently, that rather than waiting on additional forces to get built for a pet project, it's probably easier to do it ourselves.

Also, I've got all the Greeks anybody could ever need. Why try to convince you lot to buy more, when all that's needed is for me to knock up some baddies for a game of 7th Voyage (which might be next month's target)?

It also saves on purchasing more than one set of rules.

5'You paint, I'll play.' Empty Re: 'You paint, I'll play.' Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:25 am

Pyphoros

Pyphoros

Before I'd started gaming with you guys I'd essentially taken that approach to DW anyway, and am collecting various small forces to outfox with a Doctor. Might be nice for any of you interested to have a Doctor of yo

6'You paint, I'll play.' Empty Re: 'You paint, I'll play.' Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:56 pm

General Matton

General Matton

I also have Force on Force waiting in the wings, when I've finished with the French.

http://paintbrushandsuperglue.blogspot.co.uk/

7'You paint, I'll play.' Empty Re: 'You paint, I'll play.' Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:43 am

Too Cool For Forum Guy

Too Cool For Forum Guy

I'll play all the games!

'Might be nice for any of you interested to have a Doctor of yo' ...own? Can you have Captain Jack (Torchwood not Johnny Depp) in the Doctor Who game? I'm thinking I could do a Captain Jack (there's a Crooked Dice(?) one) and then use my Stargate guys for nameless Torchwood guys with guns/alien weaponry (Ooh how Kieron of me...), if that was a thing you can do.

Also more Force on Force would be good, we barely scratched the surface with it last time.

I'm sure I've probably been told before, but 7th Voyage is essentially 'Jason and the Argonauts' right? If so, I'n interested, why haven't we played it already?

8'You paint, I'll play.' Empty Re: 'You paint, I'll play.' Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:20 am

Pyphoros

Pyphoros

That's exactly how it was supposed to end Wes, for some reason it didn't post the end of my comment.. :/

And yes, you certainly can have Mr Harkness, I've got mine base coated and awaiting further work! I'll have a look through and see hownTorchwood works for you. Gwen would be a nice addition for later-Torchwoodnto too, not sure where you'd get a model though

9'You paint, I'll play.' Empty Re: 'You paint, I'll play.' Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:36 pm

Pyphoros

Pyphoros

While we're still entertaining this, any chance you could bring your 7TV Rule book tonight Kieron? Want a quick look through to see how it differs from DWMG, if its not too dissimilar I forsee a few Doctor plus SPECTRUM games in the future.

10'You paint, I'll play.' Empty Re: 'You paint, I'll play.' Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:01 pm

Kieron

Kieron
Admin

Will do.

One of the character archetypes in the book is clearly meant to be the Doctor. Even down to the silhouette drawing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum