Mad Dog & Englishmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Dog & Englishmen

Wargaming chat and other diversions amongst friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flames of War Japanese

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Flames of War Japanese Empty Flames of War Japanese Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:39 pm

General Matton

General Matton

Seems like Battlefront have finally realised there was another theatre in WW2 - this month's Wargames Illustrated has a load of articles about the new book, Rising Sun, which is about the USSR fighting Japan and Finland in early war.

The articles mention having to future proof the Japanese national rules for later periods, so I would expect some sort of Iwo Jima book at some point...

http://paintbrushandsuperglue.blogspot.co.uk/

2Flames of War Japanese Empty Re: Flames of War Japanese Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:22 pm

trevor allen

Though they are'nt by BF there has always been a few supplements out there available on ebay for Japanese in WW2. Points system was a bit suspect, but as long as you kept the Yanks and Japs from the same book, it seemed ok. I only know this as I bought a Peter Pig Jap army and the relevant supporting lit a couple of years ago.

To be honest as I'm unlikely to use them for competition I would.nt bother to buy another BF supplement as all they have done is re'gurgitated the same info for the last few years, each time with a minor mod to justify players having to buy new sets of books.

3Flames of War Japanese Empty Re: Flames of War Japanese Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:03 am

Kieron

Kieron
Admin

What I like is that with easyarmy you don't need new books, and old ones still work fine as long as you're not at a tournament. I'm still using Ostfront for my mid-war lists.

I may get sucked in by the Japanese or Early War Russians.

https://maddogandenglishmen.forumotion.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum