Stream of consciousness alert.
I've been trying to decide what I'm going to tackle next year, but really I don't have a clear plan at all, for the first time in a while.
I've just finished (insofar as any of these things are ever finished) my Bolt Action French and DzC Shaltari forces.
I don't really want to start anything else that will mean buying from scratch - I've got Dropfleet Commander on the way for that - and yet again it would be good to chip away some more at the massive pile of unpainted (in some cases unassembled or even unopened) stuff I already have.
So, in no particular order, some things I could tackle...
Bolt Action French (I was lying about these being finished)
- Medium Howitzer (I'll need some crew)
- Transports (I have one small truck available at the moment, I'd like to make it a fully mobile force eventually but that will take ages)
- Objectives, even bits of Maginot Line
- Various options I don't have yet
Bolt Action Germans
- Grenadiers - basically so I can have regulars/veterans in my force. I don't need much here, in fact I think with models I already have I can build a decent force.
- Stupid Warlord Opel Blitz That Doesn't Fit Properly And Will Almost Certainly Require Me To Mangle Both Doors
Black Powder 6mm ACW Union
- 7 regiments + skirmishers
- Artillery + limbers
- An extra command stand
28mm Napoleonic British
- Loads of stuff - I think if I did enough for some sort of skirmish game it might get me started at least. I'd love to have this stuff painted, I don't relish actually painting any of it...
FOW Americans (yes, there are more)
- Dismounted Armoured Rifle Platoon Machine Guns
- 4 deuce-and-a-halfs
- 2 3/4-ton trucks
- 2 M18 Hellcats
- Mortars (possibly. Honestly can't remember if I've already done these!)
- 3 Panthers
- 3 StuGs
- Other stuff. I think.
- US Army - 4 fireteams, some command, machine gun team, Bradley, zodiac
- SAS fireteam
- Chinese PLA - 2 fireteams, command, mortar team, anti-tank weapon team
- SWAT - 4 officers
- Riot police - not sure, I think there's something like a dozen of these left
- Armed and unarmed civilians from the apocalypse survivors sprues
Kings of War
- Rebasing my Empire stuff
- 16 (I think) fanatics that are unpainted
- The rest of my Norman cavalry
- Unbuilt Sarissa precision radar station and corner house (28mm)
- 28mm downed black hawk
- Warhammer wood (actually in progress!)
- Unbuilt 15mm 4Ground ruined house, roads, pavements
- Various furniture bits
- Other miscellaneous stuff
And lots of other things I've probably forgotten.
Obviously, that's way too much for a year. I think for what I do next is a toss up between the Bolt Action Germans and some terrain bits, but it's anyone's guess really. I might just pick things up at random for a while, until I get into something.