Mad Dog & Englishmen

Wargaming chat and other diversions amongst friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

brush for hire!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 brush for hire! on Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:45 am

Evening gents!

Only a tentative post really, but was talking to Pete earlier about offering up my services as a commission painter. I'm aware at least one of you isn't the biggest fan of the painting aspect, whereas I love it, and the opportunity to do sometging new/different for me without committing to a new army or amassing a billion character models I will never need is very appealing.

I'd consider myself a pretty good character painter (had a fantastic teacher in Chris Baker) and can turn around quite a lot to a table standard in a fairly short period of time.

Anyway, if anybody's interested just ask. I'm willing to barter services for models too, so just open negotiations. I want commitment free hobby, so I'm not out to bleed anybody dry... Yet.

View user profile Http://mikesbrushwork.Tumblr.com

2 Re: brush for hire! on Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:46 pm

Good luck with it, but I suspect none of us will be customers for you. I've got a weird distaste for using models I didn't paint myself, Kieron has elevated doing wargames cheaply to the level of an art form, and Wes hasn't yet built up enough of a pile to have too much of a problem.

Have you tried posting about this on the more general wargames forums? Places like Lead Adventure or TMP might be a sensible place to start, you might find some interest there.

View user profile http://paintbrushandsuperglue.blogspot.co.uk/

3 Re: brush for hire! on Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:39 am

No worries Matt, I have a similar standard with only playing my own stuff.

As I said, was only testing the water with the idea, so the offer is there if anybody is ever interested.

View user profile Http://mikesbrushwork.Tumblr.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum